X

No recent Facebook posts to show

X
(478) 743-1578
100% Employee-Owned

Macon’s Terminal Station built in 1916, is at the foot of Cherry Street downtown and is Georgia’s grandest surviving railroad station. It was designed in the Beaux Arts style by architect Alfred Fellheimer (1875-1959) who, with his partners, also designed stations in Cincinnati, Buffalo, and other cities. This project is the first of three phases of restoration to make the Terminal Station a complete multimodal transportation center.

In 1926-27, the station handled as many as a hundred arrivals and departures each day, primarily trains from the Central of Georgia, Southern Railway, and Georgia Southern & Florida rail lines. Passengers accessed the train platforms by way of a tunnel under the tracks.  In 2002 the City of Macon received federal TEA funds to purchase the building from Georgia Power and convert it to a retail, office, and multimodal transportation center.

Location: Macon, Georgia
Owner: UDC Realty, Terminal Station LLC
Architect: Brittain Thompson Bray Brown

Portfolio